Tuesday 12 May 2009

Why Not Associates

I then started looking at the work of the Why Not Associates because of the dominance in their work of strong typography. I was reading their section in "Contempory Graphic Design" and they write that the common theme in all their work is typography. Below I've included a photo of some stills from a project they did called Nike Heroes and it's so slow moving which gives even more stregth to the how the type wants to be emphasised. I've tried to trace some sort of lineage between 1950s/Swiss expression of moderism and more recent examples and I think Why Nots can be included within this because although some of their work looks nothing like JMB or uses helvetica they have obviously been heavily influenced by the the work and I thought their section in the "Contemp..." explained a similar process to chosing clients that JMB followed.



Here is the link to their site with the film, sorry couldn't embed it.

No comments: